VOIP users please read
If you have recently switched over to any VOIP (voice over internet) telephone services such as Rogers Home Phone, iTalkBB, or CITI Telecom and is using phone line monitoring for your alarm system; it is recommended that you should manually test your alarm system every two weeks if the monitoring station can received your signal. This is because we have learned that many of these VOIP providers disconnect the telephone line from your alarm system. As a result, your alarm system may not be able to report to the monitoring station.
Manually testing your alarm is simple:
- Call your monitoring station
- Notify them that you will be testing your system
- Turn on (arm) your alarm system
- Open the front door until your alarm activates
- Wait for 30 seconds while the siren is activated
- Turn off (disarm) your alarm system
- Call your monitoring station to confirm if a signal has been received
If the monitoring station does not receive a signal, please call us so we can come and repair the alarm system.